Version commencement date: 10 November 2022
At Promtli, our goal is to provide quick and inexpensive trips, a platform to assist you in getting from point A to point B, and direct support for our drivers in our community. Some of your personal information must be gathered, used, and shared for us to accomplish that. This privacy statement is intended to explain how Promtli goes about doing that as well as how to exercise your informational choices and rights.
On Promtli’s privacy homepage, you may find more details about our dedication to protecting your personal data, including instructions on how to access and remove it.
2. Data you provide to Promtli
Registration information. Your name, email address, phone number, and other identifying information are provided to us when you sign up for a Promtli account.
Information about the user. Your name is a permanent component of your profile. To make it easier for a driver to recognize you, you can choose to add a user profile photo.
Method of payment. When you add a credit card or other payment method to your account, a third party (Stripe) that manages payments for us will get your card information.
Information via text and call. To enable calls and texts between Riders and Drivers who have been matched for a ride, we collaborate with a third-party partner. We obtain details about these communications, such as the call or SMS’s date and time, the phone numbers involved, and any SMS messages’ contents. We may also monitor and/or record phone calls made, including those between Riders and Drivers, for security reasons.
Location information. We get your location when you open Promtli on your mobile device. While the app is open or closed, we might also gather precise location data from your device. We also get information if you mark particular places as “home” or “work.”
Your location is required for tasks like locating drop-off and pick-up locations, pairing Riders with nearby Drivers, and recommending destinations based on prior journeys. The emergency button can also assist in rapidly finding you if the need ever arises. In order to find local promotions or service upgrades, we may gather your location when the Promtli app is not running if you grant us permission through your device’s settings or the Promtli app.
Device information. In addition to IP addresses, web browser types, mobile operating system versions, phone carriers, phone manufacturers, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens, Promtli also collects information from users’ devices.
Information on usage. We automatically collect information about your interactions with the Promtli app and website, such as the pages or other content you view, dates and times of your visits, and your actions within the app, in order to better understand and serve your needs.
Communications. If you get in touch with us directly, we might learn more about you. For instance, when you get in touch with our customer support team, we’ll get your name, email address, phone number, any messages or attachments you send us, as well as any other details you choose to include. Any data you offer may be utilized in relation to claims or disputes.
User feedback. At the conclusion of each ride, both drivers and passengers can rate and review each other. We receive information about ratings and reviews, and we also share that information with riders and drivers.
Contacts in the Address Book. Promtli may access and store names and contact information from your address book if you allow us to do so through the permissions system used by your mobile platform. This will enable us to facilitate invitations and social interactions you initiate through our Platform as well as other uses outlined in this privacy statement or at the time of consent or collection.
Data sourced from cookies and related technologies. To better understand how you use the app and interact with our adverts, discover what content is most popular, and store your preferences, we gather information using “cookies”, tracking pixels, and related technologies. Small text files known as cookies are stored on your device by web servers and are used by websites and applications to identify your browser and store essential information. We might make use of both temporary and permanent cookies. After you close your browser, a session cookie vanishes. Every time you use our Services, a persistent cookie that was left behind after you closed your browser can be accessed. To change your cookie settings, check with your web browser(s). Please be aware that you might miss out on some features if you delete or decide not to accept cookies from us.
3. Data from other sources
Third-Party partners. We may obtain additional information about you from third party partners and combine it with the information we already have about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information. users who take part in our referral schemes. For instance, when a user recommends someone else, we get personal information about the person they recommended.
Business programs. Account holders who ask for services on behalf of or in the name of other users, or who allow other users to do so through their own accounts. Owners of business accounts are included in this. Business partners include payment processors, social networking platforms, apps or websites that use Promtli’s APIs or whose APIs Promtli uses, via which users can establish or access their Promtli accounts.
How We Use the Data We Collect
Promtli gathers data and employs it to provide dependable and affordable transportation. We also use the data we gather to:
• Connect riders and drivers;
• Offer, enhance, grow, and promote our services;
• Examine how users interact with the Promtli mobile app;
• Enable user-to-user communication;
• Send text messages, push notifications, non-marketing communications, and marketing communications;
• Facilitate payments and transactions; provide customer support;
• Identify and stop fraud;
• Conduct research and development;
• Support legal proceedings; and
• Address potential trust and safety issues, such as car accidents, disputes between riders and drivers, and requests from the government.
How We Share Data
Some of Promtli’s services and features require data sharing. Promtli may share your data with these groups:
(a) Between Users
• Basic information about Riders and Drivers, including names, photos, ratings, and any other details they have added to their profiles.
• The pick-up location that the Rider has specified is visible to the drivers. As a Driver moves closer to the pickup spot, Riders can see details about the vehicle and its current location.
• Drivers are informed of Rider ratings. We de-identify the ratings and feedback, but it’s possible that a driver could still be able to identify the Rider who gave it.
• Although we facilitate communication between Riders and Drivers to coordinate a pickup, we do not provide other Users with your actual phone number or other contact information.
• If you notify us of a lost or found item, we will make every effort to put you in touch with the appropriate Rider or Driver. If you give us permission, we may even share their contact information.
(b) Upon Request from the User
• The user’s location and the estimated time of arrival (ETA) to a buddy upon request.
(c) Third Parties
• When a government body requests information and we believe disclosing the information is necessary or reasonable to abide by the rules, laws, or legal process;
• If we believe it is essential to defend the rights, property, or general welfare of our community, Promtli, or the general public, with law enforcement personnel, governmental agencies, or third parties;
• To adhere to a legal necessity or process, such as but not limited to, subpoenas issued for civil or criminal cases, court orders, or other required disclosures.
• Communicate with your referrer to inform them of your redemption of or qualification for the promotion if you signed up for a promotion using another User’s referral or promotion code;
• Working with our insurance partners to identify and provide pertinent coverage in the event of an incident;
• To our prospective business partners in an aggregated or de-identified form that cannot be used to reasonably identify you; and
• Whenever you give your consent to the sharing.
Email or text subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails and texts but we will still send you transactional and relational emails and texts about your account use of the Promtli Platform.
Push notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Promtli Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
Profile information. Rider names will always be shared with Drivers. Riders will always be able to see Drivers’ names, ratings, profile photos, and vehicle information.
Location information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device’s operating system settings, Rider and Driver location is core to the Promtli Platform and without it, we can’t provide our services to you.
Data security. We are committed to protecting the data of the Promtli community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
Children’s Privacy. Promtli is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org